I do not Wish to Curse Myself

 


I do not wish to curse myself,

I take the book from off the shelf

If I needed a spell to do,

What would I say, what should I spew?


For a curse to work just right,

It's not enough to say it  tight.

You must put your heart and soul,

In every word and every toll.


You may think you have a cause,

Reason to use your wicked claws.

Perhaps someone hurt you deep,

Or made you lose a lot of sleep.


I pick the right words to cast,

One that will make the pain hold fast

Find some herbs, some salt, and fire,

And let the curse become your desire.


But heed this warning, my dear friend,

For some curses have no end.

They will come back to haunt your life,

And bring you sorrow and loads of strife.


To send a curse is to curse yourself

So put that book back on the shelf

And take the time to look inside

And see what change you can abide


So think before you hex and spell,

And weigh the consequences well.

For in the end, it's not worth the prize,

To curse yourself and pay the price.


Comments